Conventional and Tankless Water Heaters
Whether you need a conventional or tankless water heater repair, we can diagnose and resolve your issues. We service all major brands of water heaters, and you can count on our plumbers to give you an honest assessment of your situation without any pushy salesmanship.
At Aramendia, we provide you with quick, affordable water heater repair and maintenance. We know how frustrating it can be when a major appliance like your water heater is not working properly. When you wake up in the morning, the last thing you need is to find that your warm morning shower has turned into an icy waterfall! All our plumbers are experienced, knowledgeable and focused on making sure the job is done right.
Choosing the Right Water Heater for Your Home
If you’ve determined that your water heater needs to be replaced, you now need to make a decision about which water heater is best for you and review all the water heater deals available. You’ll need to consider whether you would like to use a conventional or tankless water heater, how energy efficient each model is and if the water heater deals are in your price range.
There are usually great water heater deals for a conventional unit, but a tankless water heather is more energy efficient and can provide unlimited hot water. If you decide to go with a conventional model, you’ll want to make sure the tank is big enough to provide hot water to all the members of your household.
Navien Tankless Water Heater
The Navien Tankless water heater more than lives up to its impressive reputation. It is the most efficient tankless water heater on the market today and its reliability is unchallenged. These advanced systems use unused heat emitted from flue gasses to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. Choose Navien solutions for a greener world. The Navien has a 15 year warranty on the dual stainless steel heat exchanger, 5 years on all other parts and 1 year labor warranty.
Rheem Conventional (Tank) Water Heater
Rheem is one of the most reliable tank type water heaters on the market and our basic water heater packages contain most items that other companies charge extra for. These items include full port ball valves, stainless steel flex connections, all brass fittings (no steel or galvanized pipe that rusts), expansion tank, permit and recycling of the old heater. The warranty on the Rheem water heaters is 8 years on the tank and parts and 2 years on the labor. Extended warranties are available.
Rheem Marathon Lifetime Electric Water Heater
The Rheem Marathon electric water heater is the best of the best in electric water heaters. It comes with a LIFETIME warranty on the tank and a 6 year warranty on the parts. The water heater has a .95 EF efficiency rating and contains titanium elements and has a bowl shaped tank bottom to allow for complete sediment draining.
Water heater maintenance is a key factor in saving you money. Conscientious maintenance can both prolong the life of your water heater and substantially reduce your energy costs. You may be able to take care of some of this maintenance yourself, but never hesitate to call Aramendia for your San Antonio water heater maintenance. The water as well as your pipes can get very hot and if you don’t feel completely comfortable, it’s always best to let a professional handle your maintenance needs.
- Turn Your Water Heater Down If Going Out of Town: If you plan on being away from home for more than three days, either turn your water heater down to its lowest setting or turn it off completely. For a gas water heater, turn it to the pilot position and for an electric water heater turn off at the breaker.
- Test the Temperature-Pressure Relief Valve: This valve opens to release water if the pressure inside the tank gets too high. It should be checked yearly to make sure that it’s functioning properly.
- Flush the heater: Sediment accumulates at the bottom of your tank and needs to be flushed out. This should be done annually in order to prevent corrosion and rust. It will also help your hot water heater to run more efficiently and quietly.
- Check the Anode Rod: The anode rod serves to prevent rust from forming in your tank. If it is significantly corroded or has become coated with calcium, it should be replaced. It should be checked approximately once every three to five years, but only by a licensed plumber.
Have a professional inspect your water heater once a year to make sure that it’s operating at its optimum level.
.........or complete form below............
Signs You Need Water Heater Replacement
There are numerous factors that should be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not to replace your water heater. It is best to consult with a professional when making this decision because very few indicators signal a definitive need for a replacement.
- Age. If a water heater is over 10 years old, it is likely reaching a point where it should be replaced but if it has not been frequently used and has been well maintained it may very well be in better shape than some five-year-old water heaters.
- Usage. Frequent use as well as hard water can take a toll on your water heater and potentially shorten its lifespan.
- Rust. If your water smells rusty, this could be a sign that the water heater should be replaced or it may just need to be flushed.
- Noises. Clanging or knocking noises.
- Inconsistent temperature. Inability to maintain a consistent temperature is a sign of a failing water heater.
- Leaking. Water leaks are a common sign your water heater might need to be replaced.